Sunday, January 18, 2009

119 Gimel

119 Gimel.mp3

And here is the 3rd song in the 119th Psalm cycle!

Гимель

17 Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
19 I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.
20 My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times.
21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.
22 Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies.
23 Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.
24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.

BTW: The Hebrew word translated here as "thy testimonies" is just as often translated as "thy congregation". I could think all day about that. :-)
In fact, I think I will.

3 comments:

Becca said...

yea, there must be something wrong with my i-tunes, I can't listen to these. :( or maybe I'm just computer illiterate...that's probably it

Ken2 said...

Rebecca, try right-clicking on the link, and click open. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Becca said...

it works now! yay!

I'm loving the virtual Hebrew lessons. :) Especially with music!