Thursday, January 8, 2009

' (ёд)

So, I've been thinking about the one-word new year's resolution thing, and the 1st decade of the 1st month is nearly gone (по-русски decade is 10 days, not years); I had better get down to it.

I was going to pick "see". As in "seeing is loving", especially after learning how often I look at people, but don't really see them. Stephanie and I each wrote a song about that over the past few weeks. Seems like a good choice. But I think I may have to go with the Hebrew letter Yod. Does one letter count for the one word?? Yod stands for light and truth, which pretty much gets right deep into what I really want to say with "see", that "see" just doesn't quite get to. Especially since Yod also equates to Faith, that great prerequisite to all vision, understanding, and yes, loving.

So I go with J (German transliteration for yod). Faith, Light, Truth, Emanating and Receiving Light, Hope and Love.

J Jump Joyful
Yoooooooh D(ude)

So I'm certifiable. But every sunrise and sunset and sparkling eye and teary eye will remind me of Yod, and my promise to open my heart and soul to the truth of those around me.

After thought: Yod is the 10th letter of the alphabet. Sam used to call me "Untle Ten". Took me long enough to catch on to what he was trying to tell me.

Hey, if I can pull this off, those I love best will be happier in 2009. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Becca said...

That's really cool dad. Although I don't think it's fair that you know Hebrew. When you pick a Hebrew letter- you get to pick like 10 words in one. Smart!
P.S. You should post that song about "seeing is loving" I want to hear!

Belle said...

totally awesome.

As a couple Chris and I sort of picked the letter F.

Family
Faith
Fitness
Finance


But for myself...I think I've picked JOY.

Thanks for sharing all of your awesome insights. I love you.